Koh Yao Yai
In Thailand's Phang Nga Bay, there is a tropical paradise called Koh Yao Yai.
From the commotion of more tourist hotspots, this lovely island offers a tranquil and genuine retreat.
Koh Yao Yai is the ideal vacation spot for anybody seeking to unwind and recharge thanks to its pristine beaches, lush woods, and welcoming locals.
Here are 5 things to do on the island:
1. Explore the Beaches: Koh Yao Yai boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in Thailand, with crystal-clear waters and white sandy shores. Some of the most popular beaches on the island include Klong Jark Beach and Klong Nin Beach, which offer a wide range of activities such as swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking.
2. Visit the Temples: Koh Yao Yai is home to several beautiful temples that offer a glimpse into the island's rich cultural heritage. Some of the most popular temples on the island include Wat Khao Rang and Wat Suwan Khiri Wong, which are known for their intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
3. Go Island Hopping: The island is surrounded by several smaller islands that offer a wide range of activities, such as swimming, snorkeling, and diving. Some of the most popular islands to visit include Koh Nok, Koh Hong, and Koh Rang, which offer stunning views of the surrounding waters and are home to a wide variety of marine life.
From Koh Yao Yai, you can go island hopping to several nearby islands, such as:
Koh Hong: A little island in Phang Nga Bay, Koh Hong is renowned for its stunning beaches, pristine waters, and top-notch diving and snorkeling opportunities.
Koh Nok: A little island in Phang Nga Bay, Koh Nok is renowned for its stunning beaches, pristine waters, and top-notch diving and snorkeling opportunities.
Koh Rang: This tiny island in Phang Nga Bay is well-known for its stunning beaches, pristine waters, and top-notch diving and snorkeling.
Koh Poda: This tiny island in the Andaman Sea is well-known for its stunning beaches, pristine waters, and top-notch diving and snorkeling.
Koh Tapu: This tiny island in Phang Nga Bay is well-known for its stunning beaches, pristine waters, and top-notch diving and snorkeling.
The cost of an island hopping tour can vary depending on the tour operator and the duration of the tour. On average, a full-day island hopping tour can cost around 2000-3000 THB per person, and it usually includes round-trip transportation, a guide, and lunch. Some of the tour operators also provide snorkeling equipment and life jackets. Keep in mind that the tour operators offer different packages, so it's important to compare prices and check what is included in the tour before booking.
4. Try Local Cuisine: Koh Yao Yai is home to a wide variety of delicious local cuisine, which can be found at the island's many restaurants and street food stalls. Some of the most popular dishes on the island include Pad Thai, Tom Yum Soup, and Papaya Salad.
5. Take a Sunset Cruise: One of the best ways to experience the island's natural beauty is by taking a sunset cruise along Phang Nga Bay. These cruises offer stunning views of the island's limestone cliffs and the surrounding waters and are a great way to end a perfect day on the island.
Getting around the island is easy, you can rent a motorbike or car and explore the island by yourself or you can take a tuk-tuk or songthaew, which are the local transportation options.
Koh Yao Yai has a rich history, it was once a center of rubber production and it was also an important port for trade and transportation. Today, the island is home to a friendly and welcoming local community, who are proud of their cultural heritage and are always eager to share it with visitors.
In conclusion, Koh Yao Yai is a tropical paradise located in Phang Nga Bay, Thailand. With its unspoiled beaches, lush forests, and friendly local community, it's the perfect destination for those looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. With a variety of activities to do, delicious local cuisine, and beautiful temples to visit, your vacation on Koh Yao Yai will be an unforgettable one.